Monday, October 3, 2011

A Testimony to me

I had a bad weekend.  I had a bad attitude and was just grumpy.  It started out with the question, "What's for dinner?"  Then the reply, "chicken, again?"  I never realized the thought and effort that would have to go into being a stay at home mom/wife.  It's no joke! 

You have to be tough skinned and let the comments roll off and be stubborn to outlast the 2 year old who doesn't want to eat anything but chocolate for dinner.  You must be consistent to discipline the 6 year old who didn't listen and loving to take care of the bonk that you warned would happen if they didn't quit jumping on the couch.  Forgiving is a must as you watch that bowl of milk tip and trickle to the floor that you JUST mopped.  A mom must be observant to make sure the kids are getting enough to drink, eating somewhat balanced and using the bathroom regularly.  You have to have super ears to hear the conversations in the other room where your kids are playing with friends and while you are trying to clean up the house as well as super eyes to make sure your 1 year old is not falling off the trampoline while you are doing haircuts.  You have to be energetic enough to walk down the stairs 15 times a day to pick up all the items the baby threw down and be able to do all of this after waking up every hour of the night with teething children.

Sounds like fun huh?  I guess after doing this day in and day out it just started to wear on me.  Probably the lack of sleep had a big part of it.  I wrote down some concerns and had a prayer in my heart that conference would help ease my mind and heart.  It wasn't until later Sunday night that my answer came.

Ella decided she wanted to try again to ride her bike with no training wheels.  Dustin and I were happy to help and we all went outside to cheer her on.  After a few minutes I remembered that I am a Child of God.  I am his daughter, just like Ella is my daughter.  Dustin and I were saying things like, "You are doing SO good!  Keep going, you can do it!  Did you see how good you did that time?  That was perfect!  Keep trying and you'll get it!  Get up and try again!"  My Heavenly Father is cheering me on like that, I know he is.  He sees the efforts I am making and knows I get frustrated and discouraged just like Ella was.  However just as I saw her efforts were not in vain - she was getting better - he sees that in me.  Why is it so easy to forget?   

Again my testimony was strengthened through the Spirit that I do have a loving Father in Heaven that hears my prayers.  He is aware of each of us and wants us to come unto Him.  The Savior is there to help lift the burden.  I am changing my attitude today.  I am going to try to remember the important things and continue to carry on.  I am so grateful for my children and would never EVER change the way my life is.  I love staying home and I love having 3 beautiful baby girls and a good husband.  Maybe just give myself a few extra breaks during the week. :)

1 comment:

  1. As always you write the thoughts of my heart. I got so choked up when I read this. It is really so true. You should publish a book for moms and women to help them remember who they are. You are the best.

    ReplyDelete