Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Most Embarrassing Moment

My sister called to tell me an embarrassing story that had happened to her that day and it reminded me of my most embarrassing moment which I hadn't thought of in a long time.  I decided I had better write it down before it's forgotten.

We were blessed to have Seminary during the school day and not have to make any real sacrifices to attend.  One particular morning however, we had an early morning devotional of some sort.  My friend and her brother picked me up at my house and I was running behind so I was going to put my make up on in their car.  Because it was so early in the morning it was dark out so I was doing my make up blindly.  I wasn't too concerned, I'd done it before.

I was using some sample tubes of Mary Kay foundation and concealer at the time.  They looked like this, except the concealer was green.  You already know what is going to happen...  I didn't.
So we made it to the school and I got a few odd looks and even a few comments inquiring if I was feeling alright.  I reassured everybody I was a little tired, but I'm ok.  Nobody even made a comment on why they were concerned, not even my friend.  So I walk into the bathroom to catch a perfect reflection of myself in the mirror directly in front of the opened door.  It was similar to this:
Just a little lighter and caked into my eyebrows and much closer to my eyes.  Nice huh?  The perfect day for a teenage girl, let me tell you.  Thankfully I had enough confidence that it didn't ruin me.  I got a good laugh out of it and did my best to fix my face.

Fortunate for me I haven't had an embarassing moment to top that one yet.  Maybe it's because I have had to become humble as a mother and can drive a vehicle with a sock on the window wiper and not consider it an emberassing moment??

No comments:

Post a Comment