Monday, October 3, 2011

"A" is for ME!

I've been trying to take more time to sit down and teach Alissa while Ella is at school.  I was so much more consistant with Ella and made sure she knew the colors, shapes, alphabet and sounds, numbers, etc...   I guess I am just experiencing life with more kids.  It makes me happy to know however that because of her forced independance Alissa knows how to go to the bathroom herself, dress herself, buckle herself in the carseat, get herself a drink, turn on a movie or TV for herself and does well to express herself without a big whining session.  I am grateful Alissa has learned these things.. even if she doesn't know the alphabet sounds yet.

This past week we started with letter A.  I made her a crown out of a cereal box and tin foil and let her decorate it with stickers and charms.    Then put a letter A on it.  I explained to her that A is for Alissa and alligator and apple and the sound it says.  When I showed her the crown on her head in the mirror she got the HUGEST grin and was thrilled!!  It made me so happy.  When I ask her what A says she replies, "A is for me." 


I love this sweet girl.  She is SO much fun!


We went out back to pick in the garden and she brought her bag from the garage sale and
 filled it up with the pile of tomatoes.

And, Molly got to experience her first ponytail!
It was a stretch, but it stayed in long enough for us to laugh our heads off.  :)  LOVE IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment