Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Child Play

I am a pretty laid back mom and encourage independence.  However with that comes a WHOLE LOT of messes!  The kids use their imagination and come up with all sorts of things to play.  Rarely have I heard them say "I'm Bored".   I am so thankful for this.  

Every now and again I look out to see them doing some pretty silly things.  Like this for example:

The hoola hooping elephant holding the fiery hoola hoop for the jumping puppy.  

Or putting on rain jackets and rain boots and playing outside on the trampoline for 20 minutes in pouring rain.

Or digging in the dirt which is an almost daily occurrence.  They were excited for this fresh new pile we had brought in for the garden.

Or how about a beach party with lawn chairs, snacks and sunglasses out front?  Why not!

Of course Lincoln gets involved most of the time too whether or not he enjoys it. 

But most of the time he does especially if it involves going outside. 

And then every few months I see this in the middle of the afternoon and it makes me smile.  I love when they just play so hard they crash.  

As much as I HATE the constant messes I sure enjoy watching imaginations run wild and the memories they are making.  I have a good life.

No comments:

Post a Comment