Tuesday, December 9, 2014

The Christmas Tree

2 years ago our "hand me down" tree finally went to the dump and last year we borrowed a spare tree my mom had.  This year we decided to buy a $20 real tree at Home Depot.  We always have fun taking the kids out to pick out their favorite tree.  Home Depot had hot chocolate to sip while we walked around on the cold evening.  Of course the girls got excited and started pouring and we immediately spilled it all over their little table.  Once I got it under control and everybody hot chocolate poured, Molly took a big drink and burned her mouth.  So that became an ordeal with her crying about her burned mouth.  There is never a dull moment!  We picked this fluffy cute little tree to be ours.

We got our traditional ornaments.  Ella got a soccer one, Alissa chose Sophia, Molly got gymnastics and Lincoln got a baby boy with a stork that says Baby's First Christmas.  Of course he was tasting it before we put it on the tree.  As much as I love this tradition of getting a new ornament, it drives me crazy to glue one after another together as they drop them on the floor.  They play with them pretty much every day the first week.  Molly's got the leg, toes, hand and fingers all broke off so we glued it very carefully.  Many others were glued as well.   Dustin had a headache so he went to bed after we got home so the girls and I brought the tree in and decorated it.  By the end of the ordeal I had sadly lost all my patience and sent the girls off to their rooms to go to bed.  The next day while we were doing our Sunday journals Alissa drew the Christmas tree and me standing next to it with a giant sad face.  She said it was because I was mad at them last night.  Sheesh.. made me sad.  After an entire day of pleasing them with new ornaments, Christmas tree, hot chocolate all we can document is mom's sad face?!  I guess I learn from it and keep moving forward.  



I sure love these kids.  They make me so happy.  The joy of Christmas is so much more with little kids around.  I just love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment