Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Funny Stories & Molly's Haircut

A few weeks ago for Family Home Evening Dustin was talking to the kids about prayer.  He asked them, "What might you ask your Father for help with?"  They looked at him for a few seconds and finally Ella asked, "You mean if we didn't have a mom?"   Made me laugh!  Dustin said it wasn't his most proud moment, but I was amused. 

We came home from somewhere the other night about 9:00 and when it's a school night I try to have all the kids asleep by 9:00 so I started being pretty bossy telling them to get in their rooms, get their pajamas on and get in bed.  I noticed Molly following me around singing something and when I stopped to listen she said, "When your feeling mad and you want to roar, take a deep breath and count to 4."  A song she had learned on Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood cartoon.  I asked her, "Do you think I'm mad?"  She said, "You shouldn't yell at Lissy." 

Dustin asked the girls the other night, "Who wants to go hunting with dad?"  Molly's hand was the only one that shot right up and she says, "I want to go Easter Egg Hunting!"  I think that confirmed he really would like to have another male in the family. :)

A few weeks ago while Dustin was home I ran a quick errand and left the 2 little girls home with him cause they were playing outside with a neighbor friend.  When I got home he told me Molly was in trouble cause he had looked out the front door to see her and our neighbor friend naked from the waist down riding their bikes in our neighbor's (who has no young children) driveway.   Later I learned that the two of them had to go potty so they took off their pants to pee on the driveway and then didn't bother to put them back on just rode around.  Good thing dad didn't see that!  As much as she makes me crazy I can't help but laugh at the random things she does.  She has got to take after her dad cause seriously.. I was not that crazy!

Dustin got to look after Alissa and Molly Thursday-Sunday while I was in Disneyland with Ella.  About 2 hours before we got home on Sunday he called to tell me Molly had cut her hair along with her doll's hair.  He didn't have too specific details other than she lobbed her ponytail off and he put her to bed.

The next morning I woke up to find this:
Top part of ponytail cut underneath, bottom part cut above the rubber band.  Side was cut up by her ear.

I did my best to do what seemed most logical as far as a haircut goes.  :)  I don't think she minds, she likes short hair.  However, she did NOT like her daddy calling her George.
 
I was grateful for this dolly who distracted her from cutting THAT much hair off.  I found clumps of hair all day Monday as I cleaned up the house.

 
Here is new new "do".  Minus the short chunk in the very front, it looks pretty darn cute on her.   :) 

1 comment:

  1. Too funny! Lydia sings that song all the time. She was singing it in nursery one day and Molly was too. I thought wow Molly is a fast learner. I didn't know she was a Daniel Tiger fan too. The funny thing is that she does the same thing to me, if I am getting after someone she sings it. Or the other song is her favorite to throw at me; "When something seems bad, turn it around and make something good." Who needs Joy school when we have Daniel Tiger!

    ReplyDelete