Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Sledding

Once you fall behind on journaling it's overwhelming to get caught up which is exactly why I try to never get behind on blogging.  Hopefully I can quickly get myself together enough to get updated.
 
All the days of Christmas vacation are kinda blurred at this point since we were planning funeral, spending lots of emotional time with family and such.  The day after Christmas our good friends Mike and Farrah came to check in on us and took the kids out for a little ride on the sleds in the neighborhood while I got groceries.  Tender mercy for sure!  So thankful for good friends.

 
On Monday - New Years Eve we took the kids to my parents with Dustin's brother and sister from Boise to pull them on the sleds behind the four wheelers.   It was freezing cold but the kids had a good time for an hour.
 




(I love this picture!)
 
So I had to laugh when Dustin's oldest brother Devin comes pulling into my parents drive way with his sisters 2 kids being pulled by a tow rope behind his car.  He wrapped it around Kenzie and hooked it, had her lay on the ground and her older brother Jacob lay on top of her.  They were laughing and having a great time!  Crazy brothers.. 
 
The next day we met again at my parents with my brother and his girls for more sledding. 
 

 
The snow was so powdery we had to ride backwards and still get a face full like this. 


 
I'm glad Dustin was willing to pull me around cause it really was a great time with these 2 older girls.  We tipped over in the snow a bunch and did cool tricks on the sleds.  So much fun.

 
Little did I know I looked like this at the end.  My hair was packed with snow I just had that black thing around my ears.  It was worth it!  So fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment