Wednesday, January 9, 2013

DI

After Christmas we went through the kids toys and got rid of a couple of bags of toys that were not often played with.  We have 2 rooms dedicated solely to toys.  Pretty spoiled.  I was so proud of my 2 older girls as they sorted through helping me get rid of some.  However, I was even more proud as we dropped the toys off at DI today.  Molly realized her little pink rocking horse was staying there as we drove off and of course doesn't realize what is going on.  I listed to Alissa and Ella both talking in these sweet little voices trying to reassure Molly that her horse was going to another little girl who didn't have a horse before and it would make her so happy to have that toy to play with.

Every one of my girls have gone through this seperation sadness with one of their toys as we drop it off and DI but I am reminded it is so good for them to donate something they like with the understanding that it is going to a greater cause.   Love my girls.  They make me so happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment