Monday, January 21, 2013

Skiing

NRF (Dustin's work) had a discount ski night at Kelly Canyon.  Dustin loves to ski and has asked me to go with him a ton of times.  We attempted to go last year but the road got closed and we stayed home.

I gladly went with him while we were dating, but he immediately left me with his friend who was learning to snow board all day because I had only been skiing a few times and wouldn't be able to keep up with him so I vowed never to go with him again.  :)   He hates when I tell this story because he says I was a dumb 19 year old!  I guess I will have to try to forget it now.

My parents watched the kids for us and we went up night skiing.
 
I got some really super tight boots on and by the time I was almost to the top of the bunny hill my legs were shaking, I was sweating and felt like I was going to throw up.  I told Dustin and he seemed a little irritated by my over reacting and helped me get back to the rental shack for a change.   The new boots felt SO good and I was good to go for the rest of the night. 
 
 
I was glad I surprised Dustin that I could actually get off the bunny hill after only 1 shot and ski behind him without even falling once. He said I had painted a pretty big picture of how terrible of a skier I was and I told him I did that so he could be pleasantly surprised and not disappointed at my lack of skill.

 
We had a good time! A fun date night for sure. I thought my legs were going to be so sore the next day but they actually felt better than when we finished skiing.  Who knows, maybe I will go again before another 11 years goes by.

No comments:

Post a Comment