Friday, August 3, 2012

Wheeler Electric 50th Anniversary

Wheeler Electric recently celebrated 50 years of business! 

My mom asked me to come take some pictures to hang on the wall in the office.  I do love taking pictures, but I will gladly admit this was a little stressful.  I am not a professional.

Grandpa always makes me feel like he's so proud of me.  He gave me a big hug at the end and told me how impressive it was that I would come out and do this for them and that he loves me.   It made me feel a little better.  It really was my pleasure.  (I just wish I was a little lot better at it.)

I wanted to include a few things from a paper they handed out at the celebration. 

Founded by John Richard "Dick" Wheeler a half century ago, Wheeler Electric is, in fact, Easter Idaho's largest electrical contracting firm.  A new, but talented electrician, Dick Wheeler started out in 1962 with little more than a dream and plenty of encouragement, particularly from a neighbor, friend and former Department of Energy coworker Vic Owens.  His first contract earned him a whopping $450 for wiring a small post office in Arco, Idaho and his second contract - a remodeling job for a local high school not only earned him more than $14,000 but also ignited a momentum of electrifying magnitude that continues today.

A true company business, Wheeler's wife, LaRae spend many years taking care of the company's books and both of their sons also joined their parents in the business - Doug in 1978 and Jeff just one year later. 


Today, yet a third generation of Wheelers are moving up the ranks, with Jeff's sons Jeremy and Cody and Doug's son Josh all learning the ropes.  In addition to biological family, Wheeler Electric also has an extended family of dedicated employees - a dozen office employees and approximately ninety electricians.  Many of who have worked alongside the Wheelers for more than two decades.


At the celebration there was food catered by My Half restaurant and home made rootbeer.  They also gave everybody a Wheeler hat and a gift bag with a key chain, flashlight, pencil & pen.

The girls especially loved the new hats.

Grandma and grandpa were sitting seperate while visiting with friends so we had to get 2 pictures.  I just wanted my picture with them though.  I sure do love them and appreciate everything they have done for me and my family.  The hard work they put forth starting in 1962 has sure paid dividends for our family.  I can only hope to provide that well for mine one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment