Friday, August 31, 2012

Busy August

The last few weeks have been really crazy!  I just added up 48 people I did hair for in the month of August alone.  It was a record month for me which is fun, but it has also been a bit stressful.

The past few weeks I have been trying to arrange details for a Joy School for Alissa which I will post more about later.

I have been working on my new calling as Relief Society Emergency Preparedness Coordinator.  It's been really fun for me to talk to so many people about emergency preparedness.  I've learned a lot of things and got some good contacts.  I finally decided I may not be able to convince everybody to get prepared, but it sure is doing a good job teaching me how to be. I did start this blog www.wewillprepare.blogspot.com to hopefully help the families in our ward have a gathering place for the information I find.  It is a work in progress though.

Dustin and I celebrated our 10th Anniversary!  I will write about that soon.

We have a couple little gatherings with friends.  This particular week we had a surprise party for my good friend Farrah in our back yard.  We had about 18 adults and around 25 or so kids running around.  It was a good time and I felt so thankful for such good friends who showed up to support.  



The past few days Molly has been trying to go potty on the toilet.  I seriously hate potty training, however I will be happy to be done buying diapers for a while.  I'm so glad we have a removable shower head.  That was one of the greatest investments I have made as a mom.  Makes cleaning up accidents so much easier!
 

Our garden has been fun this month.  We have harvested so, so many zucchini and have tons of pumpkins growing all over!  We got a few cucumbers, 2 green peppers, carrots, cabbage (we didn't even pick it though), tomatoes, beans, peas, radish, 3 strawberries and a blueberry!  I tried growing about 5 pots of herbs like parsley and cilantro but one day I stuck them outside to give them some extra sunlight and it cooked them.
 
 
 
 
We let the ladybugs have our cabbage.

This year we also put some chicken wire around our peas, cucumbers and zucchini.  It worked excellent for the peas.  They grew super tall and made it easier to pick.  Our cucumbers never really got big enough for the wire to matter and the zucchini hated it!  We actually had to open the "cage" for the zucchini because it was restricting them a lot.  It's fun to try new things.
 

Ella accidently spilled a cup of water on my 5 year old laptop back in June or July and ruined it so I have spent a few sad weeks without my computer.  It's amazing how much I did on my little laptop in the kitchen.   Dustin decided since it was our 10th Anniversary this year he would find me a new laptop.  We found a good deal on a refurbished one through newegg.com (Dustin's favorite store).  I am so happy to have a computer back!!
 
We moved all 3 girls into 1 bedroom this month.  Molly has been a pretty bad sleeper and I remembered when I moved Alissa into the bedroom with Ella she finally slept through the night.  Ella and Alissa were ok with Molly sleeping in the room with them.  It is like a sleepover every night.  Sure enough, Molly has been sleeping much better.  Horray!  We now have a BEDroom and a toy room upstairs.  It makes it easier for bed
 
Life gets so busy, but I wouldn't have it any other way.  I really love having lots to do and friends to hang out with.  I love being able to stay home amidst all the craziness and am thankful that I have that opportunity.  I love that the kids like to play at our house and we have lots of toys and things for them to do.  Heavenly Father has blessed us so much and I am so grateful!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment