Sunday, August 19, 2012

Fun to have Boys - 7th Lost Tooth

This past weekend Dustin's neice Julie brought her 2 little boys over to stay with us.  They wanted to spend some time with Dustin, but sadly he was gone most of the weekend so they got stuck with me.

Thursday night after triangle, square and star pancakes we went to grandma Carol's house to pick some vegis from her garden.  The boys have been especially excited about this since they had an adventure in our garden the last time they visited with picking beans, peas, carrots and squash.  Dustin made them think there was a lion in the corn which got all the kids excited and they ran back and forth through the rows while he growled.  They loved it!




Friday Dustin had to work so I took all 5 kids to Rigby Lake.  Thankfully my friend Farrah and her sister were able to come with us too for some company.  The kids had a great time.  There was a crazy weird pelican that kept swimming so close to the kids.  They could touch it and it wouldn't even care.  I didn't let the kids get too close - made me nervous.  However, the thing swam right by them when they weren't paying attention so I did get a picture.



We had a great time in the sun!



Some friends from Dustin's work invited us to iJump that night so we hauled all 5 kids there too and had a super fun time!

Saturday we went to our stake garden to give service and picked a row of beans - well hopefully we did more picking than stepping on beans.  With 5 kids I'm uncertain, however I know it is a blessed garden so it will be ok.  The kids thought it was neat that we were helping a family have some food.

We drove around for a minute and found the kids all a $.50 toy at a garage sale and felt pretty successful.  That night we went with my sister in law to Leos place for another fun time and dinner.  It was pretty much a complete weekend of parties.

Before the boys left they got to watch Ella pull her 7th tooth.  They thought that was pretty wrong and were sure that would never happen to them until Ella convinced them it was pretty cool to loose teeth and you get money. 

That night we had my brother's girls over for a few hours and Kailey decided to pull the same tooth out.   This is the 2nd time they have lost the same tooth in the same day.  Funny girls!

I will honestly admit it was pretty darn fun having some boys around.  They do have quite a lot less drama ingrained in them then these girls.  It was a bit of a change to me though when I asked them to get dressed.  They pulled their shirts off and their bottoms off and after a quick moment of shock I shoved my girls into their room and locked the door until the boys were dressed.  :)  I really get used to this one gender stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment