Tuesday, September 1, 2015

First Day of School

As with every year, Dustin gave all the kids a back to school blessing.  It's always the youngest who is sucking a binki to help from wiggling so much that we get a kick out of and have to take a photo of to remember how stinking sweet it is.  He did not sit still for much longer than 20 seconds, but he still did get a blessing.  :)

This year school starts at 7:55!  Bright and early for these little ones.  We didn't get individual pictures of them on the first day this year because it was a particularly stressful one.  Dustin stayed home to take me to an appointment to meet with the Ear Nose & Throat doctor about having my thyroid removed so we got there a little early and were still in a little bit of a hurry. 

Ella is in 5th Grade with Mrs. Stillman, Alissa in 1st with Mrs. McLaren and Molly is in Kindergarten with Mrs. Moeller. 

We ran in to get a picture of Molly in the classroom.  Just like last year they got to play with play dough on the first day of school.  Molly had no issues saying a big goodbye to her mom.  Something about school starting makes me feel like my kids just got so big!   

Love these kids so much and I miss them so much when they are gone!

While it's warm the Hansen kids ride over and go to school with mine.

Check out this look on Lincoln's face.  He's pretty sure he's part of the clan. 

When I go to help Molly get home I just get excited.  I'm so glad she isn't in full day yet.  She just has the biggest, hugest smile on her face as though she won a prize.  She is the first one ready for school, the first one to get out of bed and get going and just happy to be alive.  I love it!!




No comments:

Post a Comment