Wednesday, September 24, 2014

SLOW down..

Our schedules have done some serious changing since school started.  New routines with early bedtimes, early mornings, gymnastics, soccer and piano practices, reading and homework - just lots of changes.  Along with this has come about 5 hours a week of open time when I have just Lincoln at home and I have time to tidy the house (or sleep) and it's quiet.  It's so very nice.  In those few hours I can get the house in order and feel like I am in order.

I have been thinking so much about the quote "Mothers who know, do less."  I feel like I need to reread Sister Beck's talk every day to remind me of a "Mother Who Knows".  For now I will remind myself of the first one because I have gained a real testimony of it.  I have started to pick up some hair appointments here and there and take on a few other things and as I do I feel myself get more uptight and frustrated with myself and my family.  My patience are much thinner because I have a deadline or a house I want to stay spick and span for company.  I find myself thinking, "I don't have time for this milk dumped all over/pee pants/waking Lincoln up from his nap/ANOTHER snack/you name it.  If I don't have time for that, I don't have time for kids because they are hand in hand. :)  And I know that and I am good with that... most days, on the days I do less.  On days I do less I find myself on the couch reading books, playing memory, painting, coloring, making play dough and having help cooking dinner.  I find myself disciplining with more love and taking the time to teach, taking the time to pray, singing songs and reading scriptures.

I do occasionally get tired and need to have a break (weekly) so I can recuperate and keep moving forward but I just wanted to record to remind myself later when I try to take on the world:  MOTHERS WHO KNOW.. DO LESS!

I know Heavenly Father is happy with service I do outside my home but he is most happy with the service I do on a daily basis for his children inside my home.  He loves them, and I love them.  The Spirit regularly speaks to my heart that this is good.  What I am doing matters and is so important.  I am so thankful for that.  Thankful for my 4 rascals that bring me more happiness than I could have ever imagined.    


No comments:

Post a Comment