Monday, September 1, 2014

Labor Day Weekend

For Labor Day weekend we loaded the kids up at headed for West Yellowstone.  Jeremy and Lisa had gifted us a night stay there in a motel for watching their girls for a week last year so it was time to cash it in.  Friday night we splurged and took the kids to the Playmill to see Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat.  It was all I imagined it being as I watched my kids stare in amazement at all the bright colors, fabulous costumes and fun acting/singing.  They sat so great through the whole show, yes even Lincoln.


Not to mention their dad bought them all a root beef float at intermission.  Sad for blurry pictures with my phone, happy to have a picture at all.

We got up and Dustin and the girls swam in the pool for a little bit while I got ready to go for the day.  (I forgot my swimming suit.)  By the time we left it was POURING rain and so sadly we didn't drive through the park or go to the discovery museum like we planned.  We decided to go to the IMAX theater and watch Yellowstone in a movie. :)  We still had fun.


Since we headed out of Yellowstone so early we stopped in Island Park where my parents and Jeremy were camping.  The kids always have way too much fun with their cousins.


Sunday was Dustin's nephew Tyler's mission farewell.  He is headed to Macon, Georgia.

On Monday Heidi and I and the girls went up by Heise to see if we could find any Huckleberries.  Sadly we didn't find any but we did find a cave!
  

And lots of choke cherries.  So we picked some.  Didn't do anything with them, but we picked them!


And had a fun time exploring.  Sure love these kids!!

I wanted to take a picture of this tree all alone up on that ridge and then I was caught by the sun shining behind the mountain.  It just made me think of times in our life when we have to just have faith that there is light behind the challenges that seem so rough and dark.   So grateful for the gospel!

No comments:

Post a Comment