Monday, August 25, 2014

Grandma Bitton turns 90!

We had the opportunity to celebrate Grandma Bitton's 90th birthday this past weekend.  

Lots of work was put into it and over 80 family members were in attendance.  Uncle Curtis, her grandson, brought her over to the park in his fancy camaro.

She got to sit down and be greeted by each of her children, grandchildren and most of her great grandchildren and great great grandchildren.  Many had brought her little cards and small gifts.


Then each person had a balloon (or two) and all 90 were released into the sky after singing Happy Birthday to her.


It was pretty awesome I thought. 

The great, great grandchildren that were there sang her "I am a Child of God".


And the whole group sang a song called "We are your family."  I delegated myself photographer so I didn't have to sing.  The lyrics make me cry.  However as I stood back watching the whole crowd sing to her I cried probably even more.  What an honor - to turn 90 and have your family love you and honor you on this special day.


Her cake with photos of her on it.

Such a great privilege for my kids to know their great, great grandma and for me to have a great grandma!  What an amazing woman she is.


No comments:

Post a Comment