Wednesday, August 13, 2014

FHE at the temple

I have been feeling like I wanted us to do another FHE at the temple visitors center and it seems like each time we plan it we are so tired and don't end up wanting to leave home.  Monday night however we finally made it again.  We walked around the outside of the temple and I am amazed how quickly we either become more patient or our kids magically become more obedient.  
Everybody was happy as we walked around the temple enjoying how beautiful the flowers and waterfall were and we were pleased as ever as we watched our girls run to touch the temple walls and peek inside the windows with curiosity of the beauty inside.  The girls did a cute little scavenger hunt that was provided the visitors center which made it all the more fun.  Ella took a few pictures of flowers.


We sat together in front of the statue of our Savior Jesus Christ and Ella was reverent, Alissa wanted to touch him and Molly asked why?  I got to sit individually with the two little girls and explain again why Jesus died for us and it touched my heart as I watched tears well up in Alissa's eyes as I explained that He did it for us.  When we do bad things, we can be forgiven because of Him and be able to live together as a family and with Heavenly Father after we die.  


As we sat together in the garden on the side of the temple I just felt such an overwhelming feeling of love for these 5 people.  I am so grateful that life on earth is not the end.  2 sisters from my ward have recently lost their spouses and have been left to endure the rest of this life alone.  I have felt such a heavy sad heart for them, more so than I have ever experienced.  I am so grateful for the gospel and our testimonies of eternal life with families.  I feel the Spirit testify that this is true as I ponder on it - especially as we are near the temple.


I hope and pray that my blog and journaling will help my family to know just how very much I love them.  I have never experienced so much love as I have since I got these 4 little babies.  I also would want them to know that I have a testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ.  I know that by living the principles of the gospel we have joy and happiness in this life.  Life is not perfect, not easy and not always happy but the gospel is and eternal families are.

No comments:

Post a Comment