Friday, June 20, 2014

Happy Father's Day

I love this good man.  I am so thankful he is the Father of our kids.  He is a good one!  He cares so much about teaching them about the gospel, about loving the outdoors, about not being entitled but working for what they get and about how a boy should treat them. :)  (Just to name a few)

I MADE him sit on the step and have a picture.  He really wasn't excited about it because we were trying to get out to church but one day when these girls are grown he will be thankful for this precious picture.  I sure love these people!  They are my world.

I think this one is cute.  Everybody was talking to Lincoln except Molly.  She snuck in a kiss.  These girls think he's pretty great as well. 


After church we went to see my dad and got lucky enough to see grandma and grandpa Wheeler who were visiting from their new home in Utah.  They still have their home here but have developed Alzheimer's and need some assistance so they live close to my aunt Lois and she keeps close eye on them.  I have been wanting to get a picture of Lincoln and the other girls with them so I am so glad they were here! 

All of us! 

Great Grandma & Grandpa Wheeler & the kids. 

4 generations - So blessed! (Glad my children participated. Ha!)

I can't remember if I have mentioned this before but every month we have a combined FHE and rotate houses and this month it was at mine.  We cornered dad for a picture.

And of course we have to do a goofy one.

When I reflect on things my dad has taught me with his example a few of them include:
-stretching myself a little further than I think I am able
-service & generosity
-hard work
-Love family and God
-have fun!

I am thankful for my dad and the example he was growing up which helped me find a good husband.  He spoiled me pretty good and Dustin used to say, "your dad ruined it for me."  :)  

Some of my favorites are dad scraping my windshield and starting my car for me in the morning on his way out so it would be warm for me going to school.  

He would even and still does shovel a little walking path to the house to my car.  

He wrote me a little note or email almost every year, generally sent with me to girls camp but sometimes just cause he thought of it.  Like after prom one time there was a note from him.

We got to go on quite a few vacations growing up and experience quite a few things.  I am so grateful my parents allowed us to go with them cause I'm not sure I'm so generous & tolerant with taking my little kids on a vacation like that.  We made some lifelong memories though that all my siblings will cherish.

So thankful for my dad.  I am so blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment