Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Being a Mom

I wrote these thoughts the other day without publishing and an answer to my prayer came that evening...

There is an article I have read a bunch of times that I really relate to.  Called Let Your Husband Love you.  However, this part in particular I have been thinking about.

"The kids have been climbing on you all day. One or both of your boobs have been exposed 87% of the day and you’re sick of being clawed at, sucked on, licked, punched, kicked, pulled, snotted on, cried on, spit up on, pooped on, and peed on. You’ve wiped butts and noses and counters and walls all day. You’ve battled attitudes and arched backs and Dora the Explorer since dawn and you’re tired. So. So. Tired. I know. I really really do."

Maybe it is the fact that I have had little sleep this week that I am having these thoughts but they are common thoughts of having little kids that I think one day I will be able to look back and be thankful for.

Being a stay at home mom can be lonely.  I'm not sure why because you are NEVER alone.  You are always needed and wanted and have a million hands reaching for you non stop.  But for some reason I often feel lonely.  Like nobody is helping, nobody appreciates or even notices me and what I'm doing.  When things get quiet (and I haven't fallen asleep) I am always reminded through a kind Heavenly Father and the Spirit that I am not alone.  He knows what I am doing and how I am feeling and he is happy with the role I am playing as mom.  It is what I need to be doing and then I feel a little better for a while.

Another common feeling is that I have done nothing.  At the end of the day my house is still a mess, there is a (still yet another) pile of clothes to be folded and washed a dishwasher to be unloaded and a baby to feed.  I honestly look around and wonder, why wasn't I able to keep up?  I wanted to wash a window today or organize a drawer and how did I not find time?  Why do I dismiss the fact that I did do 3 loads of laundry, fed the baby 5 times, cooked breakfast, lunch and dinner for the family, did dishes, swept the floor, made beds, reminded to brush teeth, wiped bums, paid bills?? 

I have felt inclined to publish this along with the answer to my prayer because it was such a tender mercy to me.  I try to self motivate and encourage myself but sometimes it's not enough.  Thankfully that evening as I was reading an article online (which I cannot find now) I came across a story of a tired mom who related this scripture to her service to her family.  It just spoke to me so tenderly that evening..

Matthew 25:40  Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

No comments:

Post a Comment