Friday, December 7, 2012

Sunday Sobbing.

With the news that Dustin's dad has pancreatic cancer my heart has been aching and my mind racing.  So many things to be grateful for, and especially my testimony of the resurrection and eternal families in the gospel of Jesus Christ.  The weekends are busy with family visiting from out of town and trying to squeeze in visits without tiring everybody out.  The emotions are draining though.

Dustin has been so good about holding it together and for that reason I have been pretty strong.  However as I sat down in Sunday's Relief Society lesson the Spirit confirmed so many truths to me and I couldn't hold my tears.  This scripture in particular caught my attention.

D&C 121:7-8  Peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thing afflictions shall be but a small moment; and then, if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high; thou shalt triumph over all thy foes. 

As we went to visit both of our families that night and after my big cry I felt so tired.  We got home later in the evening to find a treat left on our doorstep by one of our home teachers, a text sent by my friend telling me to stop by and pick up treats she had made for us, a facebook message, an email message all with encouraging words from good friends.  Here are a few...

How are you doing? I just wanted to check up on you. You seemed to be upset or something today in RS. Is everything okay? We actually stopped by tonight to see you guys and visit with you, but you were gone.  Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that I was thinking about you.

Just want to let you know I love you and I am so grateful for your friendship.  I think the world of you.  You and Dustin are in our prayers.

I hope you know how much I love an admire you.  Anything I can do to lift your burdens I will do.  I'm blessed to have your sisterhood, and want you to know I am always available to you.  Love you much!

Just wanted you to know we are here for you in your time of need.  Let us know if we can help you out.  Home Teacher

I felt so so grateful for my friends.  I've never felt friendship quite like I have here in this ward.  After a soak in the tub I decided to write in my journal and as I was reading and writing the scriptures we had talked about that day, I continued to read D&C 121:9 Thy afriends do stand by thee, and they shall hail thee again with warm hearts and friendly hands.

I really felt like weight was lifted as I thought of all my friends just so eager to help me.  I am so blessed to be a wife and a mom.  I am so blessed to be able to stay home with my kids and that my husband always provides sufficient for our needs.  I am so blessed to have good relationships with my family and have the members of my family close by.  I am so blessed to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.  I am so blessed to have good ward family members/friends who are a constant watch care for me and my family.  I am blessed with a healthy body and healthy family.  I am so grateful for these blessings and when I think of them, the problems seem much much smaller.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh. I am so sorry about Dustin's dad. That is awful. You have an amazing testimony and I know that our faith in the Savior will get us through anything.

    ReplyDelete