Wednesday, December 5, 2012

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas..

A few days after Thanksgiving we pulled out all our Christmas decorations and put them up.  As always the tree belongs to the kids.  It was only a day or two before the entire thing had tipped over.  They stand on the side of the couch or pull the stool up to it daily and take ornaments off and put them back on.  I'm happy that it makes them happy.
 
We have carried on the tradition my mom started by giving the kids an ornament each year and it makes my heart so happy to put the tree up and hear the kids already saying, "Oh, remember this ornament!  I was only one and I used to make the elephant sound and it was so funny!" 
I still get to tell a few stories as I put up some of mine.  Sadly they have broke a majority of the ones I got when I was a kid, but there are still a few. 
 
Like the Precious Moment Ice Skater who is missing his girl because she is broken off.  He is dated 1997.  We probably had gone ice skating that winter or fall as a family. 
 
Or my little snowman friend.  He is dated 1993.

 
My little baby - I am pretty sure it's the last ornament my mom gave me because I had Ella and got to start the tradition for myself.  This would have been 2005. 
 
This ornament still from my piano teacher the few years I took lessons. 
 
This year Ella got a Ballerina Barbie.  Mostly because she does ballet moves around the house all the time and says she has music playing in her head as she dances and she LOVES the nutcracker.  She also loves the new Barbie Princess and the Popstar.
 
Alissa got Rapunzel.  After getting upset that she didn't get to go with me to pick the ornaments out for everybody she confessed that she did really like her Rapunzel ornament.
 
Molly did get to go with me because the other kids were at school and there is only one thing she could choose above Dora, Rapunzel, Cinderella, Mickey and Minnie .... ICE CREAM!  Fit her perfectly and everybody got a kick out of her in the store saying, "I love it!  It's my favorite!"
 
We made our December Bucket List 2012.  Excited to do some fun things! 

Ella brought home this cute little countdown from school and shares the chance to rip a chain link off with her sisters.
 
My favorite.. the Fisher Price nativity set.  The kids arrange, rearrange, and arrange again this little nativity scene.  I love that they are familiar with the characters and know where they belong.  I love that they make them talk to each other and I find them a little different each time.  I SUPER love that they can't break them.  So fun!

 
We are sending out Christmas cards, wrapping presents and listening to good music.  Next week is our newly organized, annual Christmas carolling with my parents and our friends.  Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment