Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Joy School

A few years ago I was invited to participate in a Joy School with 6-7 other moms and their daughters.  I thought it sounded like a great idea and something Ella would love.  It was such a positive experience in every way.  Alissa turns 4 this year so I decided to try and arrange some friends to do a Joy School with us.  We ended up with 6 little friends.
 
We take turns rotating houses every week and teach two days that week.  We started this week by learning letter A at our house on Monday & Wednesday.  The fun yet tricky part is the 2 year old at our house gets to participate too.  Here they are waiting for the kids to show up.
 
I split them into "centers" which they rotated through doing different activities.  It turned out just great!  I know we're going to have a lot of fun!



 
This is where we do most of the learning at my house.  My priceless "COPY" table as Ella calls it.  It is perfect size for this little class.  Each day we start by singing the days of the week and months of the year song as well as the ABC's and saying the Pledge of Allegiance.   We are going to try to teach them the ABC's in sign language too.

 
I'm sure we'll be posting more on this later.  I'm just glad my lessons are done this week.  It takes a lot of preparation to entertain 7 little kids enough to keep them seated for 2 hours. :)  So much fun!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment