Friday, September 7, 2012

Bug Collection

One of the items on our Summer Bucket List was to have a bug collection.  We had way too much fun building this thing.  I think it may become a summer tradition.  My favorite part was that the neighbor kids loved to look at it progress when they'd come over and try to catch new bugs for us to pin on.  We actually had a monarch butterfly, but we lost it while we were camping so it's not pinned on.
 
Ella got to take it to school today to show to her class before we threw it in the garbage.  I know it's gross, but we kept it in the freezer all summer so the bugs would not shrivel up.  It cracked me up every time a guest would open my freezer to see a board full of bugs.
 
So fun!
 
Just as a little side note.. I sent Ella to school today with a little macaroni cup for lunch.  She mentioned that some of the kids would eat them and she'd like to try them.  I haven't taught her how to make it, but thought she would be able to figure it out because she has watched her friends.  When she got home and I was going through her lunch box I found most of her lunch still in there.  I asked her how the macaroni went and with a sad face said, "I burnt it and had to eat hot lunch."  She proceeds to tell me that she cooked it for 1 minute.. 3 times but never put any water in it.  She said it had 19 seconds left when she saw it smoking so she opened it up and had to go eat hot lunch.  Made me laugh a little.
 
One day that will be a funny story to her.  Poor girl, I debated whether or not she would be able to figure it out on her own.  Should have played it safe I guess.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment