Friday, October 10, 2014

Summit Hills Fun Run

The school the girls go to - Summit Hill Elementary was doing a fundraiser to earn money for play ground equipment since this is only the 2nd year they have been operating.  They had the kids get pledges and commit to a certain number of laps they would run.  Ella said she'd do 7 and Alissa said she'd do 2.  The Kindergartners went first and ran for a whole half hour!  Well more than 2 laps, I'm sure it was closer to 10.  I was proud of my little red faced girl who ran her heart out.


All the Kindergartners.

Alissa

That afternoon all the rest of the school started to run.  It was a crazy mad house but the kids were loving it!  They had the Aaron Dog, Chukars Bird and Chick Fil A Cow as well as a radio station blasting music for them as they ran.  This is one of Ella's best friends - Jennifer.

I never really did see Ella run because they started a half hour earlier then they said they were going to and Ella had done more than her 7 laps by that point.  It was fun to see her in her element of friends though.  

I was a proud mom, watching my girls run.  Makes me feel so blessed that we have healthy bodies and happy spirits.







No comments:

Post a Comment