Friday, October 10, 2014

Being Mom

Let me just say 4 kids has been slightly crazy!  Less crazy than adjusting to 3 kids, but at the same time I feel like I suddenly have a million kids.  :)  I get confirmation from people saying, "3 girls and a boy seems like a great place to stop."  Makes me laugh!  I guess that's another one of the million times when you have to realize you are now living IN and not OF the world.  I don't dare have the courage to say, ".. and we are still not complete!"  ha!  

I listened to a podcast the other day on Mormon Channel that confirmed to me that the Lord expands your capabilities as you keep his commandments.  It is without a doubt that the Lord has showed me how to do this and helps me daily (along with a little Dr. Pepper lately) to do what needs to be done.

In fact the other day my sister called and asked, "what are you doing?"  I had a hard time answering because it was something like this: listening to a podcast while taking occasional notes and folding laundry, rising dough, listening to kids play and actually just finished nursing the baby on the clean laundry piled on my bed.  You don't even want to know what was going on in my head - there had to be at least 100 topics I was mulling over.  I decided to lay down and have a picture.  This is real life.  Every day pony tail, sweats, many days with no make up and sleepy eyes.


I have been having a hard time lately feeling like I need to have some sort of break and recuperate after these long days and nights.  Dustin stayed with the kids last week while I had a couple hours out with a friend and I found myself on the phone with them at least 3 times and wishing I had them with me.  Why?  The break I need is only from the repetition of what I do every day.  I want to be with my kids, and especially my  husband.  Just outside of the house or away from the constant nagging of dishes, laundry and more messes to be picked up.

Without a doubt I have the most rewarding job in the world.  I am grateful!  I am blessed!  I love these little people that call me mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment