Monday, May 13, 2013

Mothers Day

Oh goodness.. I have a hard time putting into words my feelings of Motherhood especially after almost 8 years of being a momma.  I know each year it sinks a little deeper and my gratitude for my own mom, mother in law and grandmas and just being a woman has increased.
 
There is no other calling I would rather have, no other name I'd rather be called than Mom.  I love these kids with every fiber of my being.   I am so grateful I get to be their mom.
 
 
Alissa gave me a card she made in church it said:
My mom is 30 years old.
My mom weighs 80 pounds.
My mom's favorite color is all colors.
My mom's favorite food is any kind.
My mom always says, "I love you".
My mom cooks the best popsicles.
My moms job is hair.
My mom laughs when I say funny words.
If my mom had time she would love to take a shower.
My mom & I like to play go fish.
My mom really loves taking a shower.
I love my mom because I like to give her hugs.
 
I guess she knows I sure do love my showers. :)
 
Ella gave me one she made at school at it said:
My mom is the best mom in the whole world because she is really really helpful.
One thing my mom can do really well is cooking.
It make me laugh when my mom says piddle.
My mom can really cook dessert and broccoli but I am not crazy about her crunchy chicken.
My mom works really hard to take care of my family and home.
I like it when my mom wears her color me rad shirt.
My favorite thing to do with my mom is go to the museum.
I really love my mom because she is a part of my family.
 
Love these kids!!
 
________________________________________________________
 
(Wow.. we look pretty tired)  My mom in an amazing woman.  She has got to be the most organized, hard working person (along side my dad) I know.  I will add she is clean, a perfectionist, thoughtful, generous, talented in many forms and GORGEOUS!  People can't believe she is my mom because she looks more like my sister and as you can see she gets that from my grandma who also looks so young.  Without a doubt she has taught me the most about being a mother by the way she mothered me.  I am so grateful for the way she makes us feel like we are the most important people in her life.  We all know she would do anything for us, at the drop of a hat.  Since I have had the opportunity to be a mom, she has become more than just my mom but my best friend.  She is the shoulder I most often cry on and she buoys me up.  So grateful for my mom and the influence she is in my life.

 
Dustin is obviously thrilled to be getting yet ANOTHER picture, but I decided I don't care anymore.   It will be their choice if they smile or not because I want everything recorded. :)  This is my mother in law.  The woman who taught my husband so, so many valuable lessons about being kind and gentle and giving and loving.  She is the woman who has shown me what true faith is and many other lessons through her example of truly LIVING not just saying what she believes.  She is incredible.
 
 
Dustin got this picture of her drinking out of the hose with Molly.  She is just that kind of a grandma, she is simple and in no hurry.  She sits down and reads, smells the flowers, eats snow, plays GO Fish and other simple things that make my kids feel like they are worth a million bucks.

 
I am also so grateful for my grandmas.  They have played an important role as well as I have learned from the incredible examples they have been to me.  They are amazing women! 
 

 
I'm happy about this picture of Molly and her great grandpa Wheeler.


No comments:

Post a Comment