Monday, June 4, 2012

Oh what do you do in the summertime...

To say I am happy about summer is an understatement!  I LOVE HAVING ELLA HOME!  She is my mini mom and takes such good care of her sisters and does an excellent job at entertaining them.  All my kids have been sleeping in until 9 every morning and doing much better sleeping through the night.  I don't think I have felt so caught up on rest since Alissa was born.  It has been so great!  It's amazing how much more organized your brain can think when you are not sleep deprived. :)

I love leaving the door open all day (when it's not crazy hot) and letting the kids go in and out and turning the sprinklers on so they can run through.  I stocked up and have like 20 boxes of popcicles all ready to be gobbled up by all the kids.  I used every breath in me today to blow up the little swimming pool so the kids could play in the water.  SO FUN!

Anyway, Ella and I have been making our big Summer Bucket List again and so here is our list so far.  We will cross them off as we do them.

Visit the Zoo
Go Bowling
Worm the lawn
Go fishing
Finger painting
Make Popsicles
Swimming
Treasure Hunt
Feed the ducks
Go to the pet store
Blast Off
Drive in Movie - home made or actual
Splash Park
BBQ with friends
A hike with dad
Temple Visitors Center
Play Tball or softball
Service Project
Make Snow cones
Swimming Lessons
Dollar Movie
Ride Fourwheelers
Make homemade pizza
Fly Kites
Go Camping
Bug Collection
Paper Airplanes
Play Dough
Bike Rides
Origami
King Tut Museum
Make a craft
Science Project
Fruit Loop necklace
play with friends all day
slip n' slide
Mesa Falls
Pajama and unlimited TV day  (Ella's request of course)

We headed to the Public Library today to check out a few books and sign the girls up for the Summer Reading Program.  I was grateful they explained it to Ella because it got her fired up!  Each week we will be making a trip to the library to review our weekly reading goals and get prizes.  We have spent a lot of time at the Library this past year.  I am thankful to live so close to a library with such a huge selection of book and fun things for the kids to see.  They love the fish pond in the front. 

When Ella was so little I always took her to the library every week and let her sit and watch a puppet show called "Quackers".  I would let her sit and use the computer and we would read books.  I don't have much patience for my kids on the computer anymore because I am chasing Molly and Alissa hasn't figured out how to use the mouse so she tries really hard and then yells because she has the ear phones on. :)    I need to be better about teaching her at home.  Anyway, we love the library.. here are the kids.



We will be signing up for Swimming Lessons the middle of June or first of July.  I always look forward to swimming lessons and especially excited this year to watch Alissa try it out.  I think she is going to do awesome!  She is a brave one.

And because I forgot about these pictures on my phone... here is evidence that we made it to the Dinosaur Museum.  Even if it was the last day, we made it! 



1 comment:

  1. Ella is getting so big! I had her birthday written down on our calendar, but I still missed it. Give her a hug from Bob and Haley.

    ReplyDelete