Sunday, June 17, 2012

Funeral and Birthday

Last Monday evening Great Grandma Bateman passed away from aspiration pneumonia.  Mom and I were able to go see her a couple hours before her passing to say goodbye and feel peace with her passing.  I love this picture I had taken with her at her 89th birthday party in April.  She looked so lovely in her new pink sweater and her pretty lip stick. 

Grandma has been living at Parkwood Meadows Assisted Living for the past couple of years and every time I talked to her she said how much she loved it there.  She had a board up on her wall where we would bring her pictures of our kids.  She was blind from macular degeneration so I would try to describe to her what the kids were wearing so she would know somewhat what the picture looked like.  She was so proud of all of her family.

One of the most amazing things about my grandma is that she could remember EVERYBODY'S birthdays!  It was fun for me to take the kids up and visit her when we could and get to know her better.  I'm glad the kids got a chance to know her and I'm sure Ella will remember her and all the candies she would sit and eat as we visited her.

I had the opportunity to say the prayer at her funeral and my girls along with my brothers girls got to sing, "I'm trying to be like Jesus." 

The pictures were taken at her burial.



 


We had lunch at Chuck A Rama and I convinced mom and her cousins to pose for a picture.  They were missing 2 who left prior to the picture.  I will be back later to put names in when I find them out from my mom.

Uncle Gary, Grandpa (Dennis), Sandy, Pam and Bonnie.
Grandpa and his siblings.

After the funeral and a nap we got together at my moms house for a little birthday party.  Mom's birthday is Fathers Day this year so we had a special early celebration for her since Fathers Day can be a bit crazy for all of us trying to visit in-laws, etc.  We let the kids play outside, gave her our gifts and then acted STARVING to get her out of the house so we could help my dad surprise her with his gift.



Which she was very surprised!  He got her a 2013 red Mustang!  It was so fun to surprise her because she is usually in on the surprising.  Then we went to Leo's Place for a 9pm dinner. :)




Anybody that has seen my mom knows she doesn't look like she could be turning 50.  She looks amazing.  I love my mom, she is one of my very best friends!!  HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!

1 comment:

  1. I love you too Jess. You make me sooo proud. Your the BEST!!!

    ReplyDelete