Wednesday, March 18, 2020

COVID-19

So a few weeks ago we started hearing about this Coronavirus in China that had a high fatality rate and was spreading quickly.  Now here we stand today the virus has made it's way to every state in the United States 7038 cases and 97 deaths.  School is out, church is out and the world is trying to quarantine in order to prevent the virus from spreading so quickly.  I have never experienced anything like it.  Anxiety is high and the world is in a bit of a panic.  A 5.7 earthquake hit near Provo, UT today and that caused only a bit more upheaval.  People hit the stores and the shelves were being cleared so quickly it was frightening.  Each one of us didn't want to feed this problem but at the same time we were afraid if we didn't buy the things that everybody else was stocking up on we couldn't provide for our family when needed.  One of the biggest items in demand has been toilet paper and people haven't been able to find it anywhere or they wait in line for it at the store the day it comes in stock.  It's a conscious effort to focus.. don't panic.. focus on the ONE who loves me and my children even more than I do.  Who will take care of us - he is refining us.  I must trust.

I have been so truly grateful for the time I was able to serve in emergency preparedness and although I haven't been stocking up for a while because of our recent move, I pretty well knew what I needed to get and was able to get a majority of it without much fuss.  I love how the Lord helps us be prepared for the upcoming in our lives.

I have felt so grateful for the Lord preparing us for this event through the Come Follow Me program rolled out last year in order for us to learn how to have a Home Centered, church-supported worship.  This past Sunday was the first time we were able to have the full sacrament meeting at home with permission given from the Stake President to every worthy male to administer the sacrament.  Dustin and I had tears most of the meeting as the spirit was so strong and touched us deeply.  The kids said they felt it as well which was so tender to me.  We had small cups and a lace table cloth and a plate of bread which was perfect as we renewed our covenants with the Lord.

General Conference is coming up in only a few weeks and last October President Nelson told us we would need to prepare for it as it would be based upon the Restoration and the celebration of 200 years.  No members will be given tickets to attend, only the Prophet, apostles and the choir and their families to avoid the virus.  The temple has been closed to all except live ordinance by appointment, activities have all been canceled and the church locked up.  All extracurricular activities have been postponed or canceled and it is as though the Lord pushed a giant pause button on our lives in order for us to find the time to prepare for this.

I have felt pressure in my efforts to be a good mom.  I am trying to find activities that help the kids get smarter, develop their talents or build relationships with their siblings while they are out of school.  I have been trying to point out the hand of the Lord whenever I see it and encourage them to help our family have the Spirit so we can be able to hear any promptings or revelation that he is sending us.  I have such good kids.  They have been really quite obedient and submissive through it all.  I can tell it's shaking them a bit too and I am happy to know they trust me and know I want what is best for them.  Thankfully I have Dustin by my side who we trust to guide us as he is inspired as well.  He is a good man and has been working some long hours to provide for our family and enable me to stay home with our kids.  He does such a good job.

I have felt the weight of trying to be a good leader to the 160 some sisters in the new ward.  I was called to serve as the 1st Councilor in the Relief Society and as such I just feel this responsibility to make sure we are leading and actively ministering to the sisters in our watchcare.

I need to have more faith.  I need to trust the Lord will guide me more than I do.  I doubt myself and my weaknesses although I know he can do all things - can he work with me?  I need to try and allow myself to be the instrument in his hands.  I need to repent for my shortcomings and make sure he knows my willing heart.  I love the gospel, I love the peace and the joy it brings to my life and I feel blessed to be living in this day where we may very well see the coming of the Lord Jesus Christ.  I pray we can be worthy to live with him again.

No comments:

Post a Comment