Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Ella turns 11!!

For Ella's birthday all she wanted was a turtle.  She had been letting me know this for quite a few weeks before her actual birthday but I just wasn't sure I wanted to commit.  Her teacher at school has a turtle in the classroom and her job has been to take care of this turtle.  Her teacher told me she did a fantastic job of it and was so cute with the turtle.  The night before her birthday I got her in the car without telling her where we were going and as we drove past the pet store she asked me if we could just go look.  When I told her we were actually going there to buy her a turtle she thought I was kidding.  It made for a good surprise.  Her teacher told me the next day when I took treats to her school class that she came in and said, "I got all I ever wished for.  Now I don't know what to wish for anymore!"  It made my heart happy.  Glad it's still the simple things.

She named him Coconut.

We had her birthday party after school and invited her friends over for a mini make over with nail painting, hair curling and make up.  After pampering we went downstairs to a fancy spaghetti dinner served by some very cute waitresses.  They got salad first, spaghetti and breadsticks and then chocolate cake with ice cream and drizzled hot fudge.  What a blessing to have such fantastic friends!  They went together to the school that night for "Math Night" where they get to display and teach some of the things they have learned this year.



Olivia is our neighbor and little sister of McKenzie Lee who is one of Ella's best friends.  We invited her to come help serve at the party.   Ella even gave them all $1 tip when they were done.

Super showered with love and gifts!  She had Sage Hansen, Kailee Daniel, Dani McLing, McKenzie Gooch, Macie Chugg and McKenzie Lee at her party this year.



No comments:

Post a Comment