Sunday, February 14, 2016

Health Challenge Take 3

So last year I was involved in 2 health challenges.  Between the two of them I lost over 30 pounds and learned some important lessons about eating healthy.  In the health challenges you are required to read scriptures daily, pray daily, write in a journal daily, avoid sugar & junk food, get enough sleep, drink enough water, eat vegetables and fruit and exercise.  It's a near perfect recipe for taking care of your physical and spiritual body.  I notice huge differences when I am being obedient to it.

After I heard the girl that was in charge last time didn't want to do it again I decided I would.  I recruited and ended up with a group of 62 people who have participated.  We are ending week 6 out of 8 this week and it has been a great time.  It has taken a lot of time but again I have reaped great rewards.  I haven't lost a lot of weight this time.  Only 13 pounds which is still great, but not what I hoped for.  I haven't dedicated myself like I did last time.  I had found I am still recovering, emotionally and mentally from what I just went through the past few months.

I have felt more happy and healthy than I have in a long time though.  Through the past 6 weeks the kids and I have developed a habit of saying prayer and family motto together in the mornings and reading scriptures and saying prayer at night.  We have done it nearly every week night.  I feel like that alone is success.  Through working on my journal I have completed another blog book so now I'm only.. 4 years behind. lol but that is better than 5!

I have noticed huge differences in how I feel when I eat sugary or mostly carbohydrate foods vs. vegetables and protein some some carbohydrate.  I try to remind myself of this when I feel like I really need to make some brownies.  It's habit I guess and slowly but surely I hope to change it.

No comments:

Post a Comment