Wednesday, August 19, 2015

The Octopus...

One of the things we did this summer was make sure the kids read a little bit all summer long.  Mostly I read to them but that's ok.  We signed up for the summer reading program and each week we would report to the public library with what we read.  We followed their program to read a book from multiple different genres and types and award winners, etc.  It was a great experience.  Each week when we would report the library would give you a "gift" from a sponsor.  This particular week they had earned 1 free ride at Funland in Tautphaus Park.

We went here a few times as kids and thought it was fun.

Molly and Lincoln decided to ride the airplane. 

 Lincoln thought it was great until it started to swing and then he looked more like this.  Molly was trying to console him.  :) 

Ella and Alissa immediately decided they wanted to ride the octopus.  Mostly because they had never seen it run before I think.  I didn't discourage, I thought it would be good for them.  ha!   So they looked like this getting on.


And about 10 second before they turned it off this is what Ella looked like.  Her hand was straight in the air trying to catch attention of the attendant running the machine because she was sure she was going to die.  I couldn't help myself, I was laughing pretty hard at her.  Sad I know.  It's good for her to try some hard things though.


See, smiling as they got off.   She got upset at me for laughing at her for only a few minutes and then she joined me in the laughter.  What a good time!


No comments:

Post a Comment