Monday, January 6, 2014

Christmas Break

So the evening of the 26th we had Pam & Alan's family show up to stay for a few days.  We decided to take the kids out roller skating on Friday for something to do together and outside of my house. :)  It was the 2nd time Ella has been and she practices her roller blades outside the house all the time so she is pretty good at it.  It was Molly and Alissa's first time so they were pretty wobbly.  
 
Thankfully lots of big cousins were there to help.  Dustin didn't want me to skate.  "Only one fall and I'd be out a baby boy", he says.  :)  Makes me laugh.  I wasn't too disappointed to stand out and take pictures though.




 
We spent lots of time making Rainbow Loom bracelets while the dads were "nerding" in front of the computer.

 
Lots of Rainbow Loom bracelets.

 
Saturday the men went ice fishing in Mackay.  Thankfully Alan took a few pictures and sent to me. 
 
This crack in the ice under them was supposed to be "cool".  They said they watched it crack.  Would make me a little nervous I must admit.

 
Devin, Kirk, Ian, Alan, Andrew, Brian, Dustin and Christopher all went.  I am pretty sure they only brought home one fish which didn't make it to my house.  (thankfully) They said all the fish were little.



 
After returning from the doctor with Alissa and some amoxicillin for strep throat, we headed to West Piney where my side of the family was staying Monday to Wednesday.  There was a lot of play dough, games, jumping on bunk beds, watching movies and eating junk food. 


 
They have a big slide in the back on the cabin which everybody had a good time riding.  Ella was the first kid to attempt it and Alissa wasn't far behind.   
 
Pretty soon they were assisting all their other cousins in being brave. 
 
Alissa walked up those stairs probably 20 times with the carpet in hand and buzzed down that slide. 

 
Only one time uncle Kenny assisted her.   
 
I even convinced Dustin I would go really slowly down the slide with a smooth landing so I could take pictures from the bottom.


 
The most giant snow angel I have ever seen. 
 
Uncle Jeremy pulled the girls on the sled for a little bit behind the snow machine.  What a blast! 
 
We had a super good time, however after partying for that many days and all the stress leading up to that point we were pretty ready to come home and take a big nap.  We feel really blessed to have family close enough to enjoy and make these kind of memories with. 

No comments:

Post a Comment