Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Pre Christmas Festivities

We went out to Dustin's work party again and got our picture with Santa.  Molly was the only one afraid again this year.  The girls each got to pick a pretty nice gift that they were all excited about.
 
Since our lights were burned out we didn't get them up before it snowed so Dustin wrapped some around the trees which has been more than satisfactory for the kids.
 
We sent our hand me down Christmas tree to DI last year cause I hated it and I knew that if I didn't send it away while I remembered that - I would put it up again this year.  So we borrowed one of my mom and dad's trees.  As always it was fun to look at our old ornaments and get a new one.
 
 
I let the girls pick their ornament this year.  Alissa chose Ariel, probably because she was Ariel for Halloween.

 
Molly chose the penguin with letter M on it for Molly. :)
 
Ella chose Minnie Mouse cause she got to go to Disneyland this year.  She is making the silly face because she dropped Minnie as she was opening it and her nose broke right off.  We just drew on it with permanent marker and she was ok with that.
 
Super fun!  Love these girls.
 
Last minute we pulled together our annual neighbor Christmas caroling - Thanks to Mom & Dad being willing to drive us around again.  It actually really helped bring some Christmas spirit for me.  This year we had Jensens, Hansens, Laytons, Stakers and Kirk join us.
 
 
I burned a CD with a few Christmas songs on it and played them on a CD player to help us be a little more organized in our singing and add volume.  I think it helped, however I learned we need to add a few more songs to the track and probably better have words for those who don't know the words to all the songs.

 
We had Kirk and the kids over for dinner because Carol was out of town so they got to come with us.  


 
As always, we had a great time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment