Saturday, November 30, 2013

IT'S A BOY!

After 5 months of anticipation in finding out the gender of our baby, we found out Tuesday that IT'S A BOY!  Poor Dustin cried and laughed and cried and laughed.  He had a whole bunch of bundled emotions. :)  I am pretty sure he was excited to say the least though.
 
They didn't waist time or keep us waiting she determined the gender within the first 1 minute of ultra sound.  Here is his bum & little boy part.
 
 
His cute face!  He kept sticking his hand up to his nose like he was picking it.  We determined that was a pretty "boy" thing to be doing. :)
 
 
And I just love the spine picture.  It's incredible how these babies can grow and develop so perfectly.  I felt so relieved and so blessed to have such a precious baby who is growing healthy and whole.  No doubt about it - it is a pure miracle from God.
 
 
My mom was watching the kids for us during the ultra sound so we stopped at Target really quick and bought a pack of blue onesies, blue binkis and a nurf gun with 3 bullets (just enough to defend himself to his 3 sisters).   The girls were excited - mostly Ella to hear it was a boy.  Molly still has no clue what is going on and still says we are having a sister if she gets asked.  :)
 
I kept teasing Dustin that it must be a boy because he has gained about the same amount of weight that I have lost since I got pregnant and he has had all the cravings around here.  I haven't had a single craving - mostly just felt sick.  Enough to be on medication sick until about 18 weeks and thankfully the last few weeks have been hit or miss but mostly feeling better.   Every time it's sweet Alissa's turn to say prayer without fail she says, "bless the baby to be healthy and that mom can feel good."  Such a blessing to hear her say that.  She has done it all on her own.  Makes my heart soft every time.
 
I have only been able to feel the baby move a very few number of times because the placenta is right in the front of my stomach which is cushioning all the movements.  I am pretty anxious to start feeling it though, it's my favorite. 
 
I got a $15 Doppler from a girl on facebook and have been using it on a daily basis to hear the little man's heart beat.  So soothing to me to find that heart beat and sit and listen to it quickly beating away. 

We have much to be thankful for!

 

 

1 comment:

  1. Completely Awesome!! Funny how our husbands acted when they found out they were having a son. Priceless.

    Can't wait to see him!

    ReplyDelete