Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Alissa learns to read!

For the past 2 years we have been doing Joy School at our house with a variety of different kids.  This year we have just 3 little girls who are all at totally different levels so it gives me a bit of a challenge as well as pushed me to help Alissa learn some more challenging things.
 
Recently we learned the songs to spell the word purple and yellow.  They sing the days of the week, months of the year, say the Pledge of Allegiance and just learned to count by 10s to 100.  She is getting close to counting to 100 by 1s.
 
I was a little worried about her (probably like I worry about Molly at this point) because she had a hard time sitting still and didn't show much interest in coloring or any kind of learning.  While teaching her the animal noises when she was two she said, "This is too hard, I don't want to do this anymore."  However, over the past few months something clicked and she has shown great desire to learn more so I have been trying to act on it.
 
We pulled out the little yellow books grandma gave us that have beginning words and she has been reading them to me, Ella and dad every day.  She reminds me in the morning that she needs to get a new book out. :)  She is doing excellent and it's super exciting to have another reader in our house! 
 
Good Job Alissa!  We LOVE YOU!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment