Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Happy Anniversary - 11 years!

Dustin and I got to celebrate our 11 year anniversary on Friday.  It's hard to believe 11 years has gone by since we looked like this.
 
We are so blessed that our marriage has been so great.  I got to give some marriage advice at a bridal shower this past weekend and the best advice I could give was to attend the temple often, be humble and involve the Lord and He will take care of you.  I really feel like that has been the formula to our success of 11 years and 3 kids.
 
Dustin surprised me Friday morning by getting out of bed at 7am and slowly pulling his drawer open to get dressed.  It immediately woke me up and I said, "You going somewhere?"  He was bummed that I caught him.  (He never gets ready that quietly)  He was sneaking out to buy some ingredients to make breakfast.  I didn't want to disappoint so I quickly went back to sleep ;). 
 
He came home and made everybody a ham and egg sandwich with orange juice poured in cups with straws, flowers on the table and a fruit tray with yummy vanilla bean dip.  Impressive!
 
After breakfast he and Ella made some yummy pastry with pastry puffs and cream cheese.  Never seen him cook so much! :)  He said he can do it once in 11 years so it stays special.  However, he did admit he had a lot of fun doing it which makes me happy.  I guess it took me 11 years to get brave enough to lay our the expectations that I really do want him to do something special on our anniversary and my birthday and Mothers Day.   I LOVED IT!!
 
After breakfast we dropped the kids off with my sister in law and we headed with the Floyds out to the snake river on a jet boat.   It was so stinking fun!  We saw 2 bald eagles hunting fish - pretty awesome and also a lady moose on the bank.  She moved before I could get a picture. 
 
TJ gave us a fly fishing tutorial.  He set up a canopy brought lawn chairs and grill and all the supplies to make us a hamburger as well as our favorite sodas.  Pretty darn spoiled!!

 
It was beautiful!

 
Our absolute favorite part was the water fall.  We got to swim over and climb up to it.  It was amazing to feel the huge rush of water hitting your back. 

 
Dustin felt like King of the Jungle I think. :)

 
Happy Anniversary to my best friend!  I love you Dustin and am so grateful Heavenly Father has allowed us to spend our lives and eternity together.  I truly have been blessed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment