Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Family Home Evening

One of my favorite things to do is to turn on the Mormon Channel while I fold laundry and listen to a series called Gospel Solutions for Families.  As I was preparing to fold my laundry today I was sorting through the different options of conversation and decided Family Home Evening would be appropriate since it was Monday.

I had to pull out my notebook and pen in the middle of folding because I thought this quote was so good.

"If the Saints obey this counsel, we promise that great blessings will result. Love at home and obedience to parents will increase. Faith will be developed in the hearts of the youth of Israel, and they will gain power to combat the evil influence and temptations which beset them."

(First Presidency letter, 27 April 1915 — Joseph F. Smith, Anthon H. Lund, Charles W. Penrose)

Something I need to read every Monday.  We have been pretty good at holding family home evening, but these promises make me want to better commit.  I love that they say, WE PROMISE. 

So tonight for Family Home Evening Ella was in charge of the game.  It was amazing how she came up with it off the top of her head.  She wanted to play hide and seek in a marco polo version so the seeker had to wear a blindfold and would say, "Ding, dong" like church bells. When the seeker yells out "ding dong" the hiders all reply "ding dong" and the seeker follows their voice to find them or the church as Ella said. :)  Oh boy, we had a good time laughing our heads off.  






I am so grateful for inspired prophets and leaders who give us this direction to unite our families in righteousness and center our home on the gospel.  I am so thankful for my cute little family that I love so very much!  They bring so much joy and purpose to life.

No comments:

Post a Comment