Monday, November 26, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving.

Thanksgiving morning started out with a fun game of Flag Football for Dustin and about 23 other guys.  I made Aaron and Devin hop out for a picture while dropped Dustin off.  They were so kind to oblige.  They said they had a great time.
 
The girls and I sat around making these little turkeys for our contribution to Thanksgiving dinner.  It was fun to spend some time doing this project together.  We also made name tags for everybody.  Oh an we did make a few pies too, but they didn't take as long as these turkeys.  Well except the meringue I asked Dustin to whip for me.  After about 20 minutes and it still not getting peaks I decided to read the instructions and realized it shouldn't be in a plastic bowl and the eggs should have been whipped before adding the sugar.  He didn't give up though and whipped for about 45 minutes.  Oh .. good times.  I don't think he will agree to help me with meringue next time.  Should have got a picture.

 
Dinner was at my mom and dads this year.  The little kids got a table to themselves and so did the bigger kids.  I am so thankful for these kids.  They are so busy and so happy and make life so much more fun!


 
 
So thankful for my good husband.  I sure do love him! 
Glad I can sit by him for Thanksgiving dinner. 
 
Grandma & grandpa Bateman (mom's parents) 
 
Dad & Mom 
 
Jeremy & Lisa 
 
Kenny & Heidi 
 
After dinner the kids played and we brought a few new games for them to play.

 
Ella holding her 2nd cousin Sagelie.  Judd & Shey's baby girl. 
 
We played "Roll a Turkey".  The kids rolled the dice and drew the part of the turkey that went with that number.  Fun idea I found on Pinterest. 

 
Then we painted all the kids hands and made turkeys out of them like we did at our house a few weeks ago.  We had a clever idea to do this to Heidi and Kenny's hand prints.  :)  
 
I have so much to be thankful for.  This year I am especially thankful for family and good health.  We recently found out my father in law has pancreatic cancer.  It truly does put things in perspective when you see things like this.   Our family is the most important thing.  This life is too short to be upset or to be lazy.   Every day we have together is a gift, a blessing.
 
So thankful for the gospel and my testimony of it.  Thankful for my Savior Jesus Christ who has provided us a way to overcome sin and death.  Who gives me hope and happiness in trying to be like him.

No comments:

Post a Comment