Saturday, October 20, 2012

Dustin's Birthday - Conference

Dustin turned the big 3-0 this month.  He has been having all sorts of anxieties about getting "old".  It cracks me up, he sounds like my mom.  For his birthday we went to Famous Daves BBQ for dinner with his parents.  Sadly the kids were terrible for dinner that night but thankfully his parents were good company for him while I ran multiple bathroom trips and 1 car trip with the kids.  Ella got them all started by asking to have her picture taken by this wooden bear.
 
 
The weekend before his birthday we got to go to Utah and stay in a motel overnight with some good friends the Hansens.  The kids got to swim Friday night and our wonderful friends watched the kids along with their 2 kids in the motel room Saturday morning while we went to the first session of conference.  Something that has been on our bucket list.  It was an awesome experience!  In fine print the tickets say no recording devices such as cameras allowed and my husband who was probably one of the select few who read the fine print insisted that I leave all recording devices except my telephone at the car.  So this is the only picture I got. 
 
This session was so fun because we got to see President Monson announce the change in age for missionaries.  Sisters 19 years and brothers 18 years.  It was interesting to see a bunch of young kids around us starting to text when they heard the news.  I have been to the conference center before to hear the RS Meeting with my mom and just as we did that time, you feel the Spirit so strongly testify to you the truthfulness of a Prophet. 
 
 
I sure do love this husband of mine and sure am grateful that we got to celebrate his birthday in a unique and fun way this year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment