Saturday, October 20, 2012

8, 7, 5, 3, 2, 1 year olds


I love to be busy and I love a challenge.  A few weeks back I had the opportunity to watch my brother and sister in laws 3 kids from Friday-Wednesday while they went on a vacation to Las Vegas.  I wasn't a bit worried.  I'm in the mode already and the schedules worked out perfectly.  Let me just tell you... it was a challenge.

Last year I watched the 2 older ones and we had all sorts of fun building forts, having smiley pancakes and homemade pizza.  So how is it that adding a 1 year old and the difference in the girls getting 1 year older could make such a difference?  Not really sure, but it did!

I just have to say - Alissa may be wearing 2 completely different pajama sets in this picture taken in the middle of the day and Ella is in her night gown.  Molly probably has a wet diaper and Kourtney may or may not have pants on.  This could have been their 3rd popcicle this day alone too.. I lost track.   I decided none of that mattered too much as long as they were safe of and smiling.  It was SURVIVAL MODE...
However, we did have a bridal shower here Friday night for Jessica with 20+ people and kids and a chocolate fountain... and we did take them to a dance clinic Saturday... and we did go to Leos one night... and we did have 1 extra kid Friday-Saturday which was a cousin staying from out of town... and we did stay up until 2am Friday night visiting with Dustin's neice and sister.  Maybe we did a little more than survive. :)
 

 Made me gain a great appreciation for those moms who do this on a daily basis.  Made me realize their husbands must be a great help to them - they could have to be, right?



 Made me realize how much I love these girls.


 And made me realize, I am not going to be having another baby for a year or so.. :)
So fun! 

No comments:

Post a Comment