Thursday, May 19, 2011

OSHA

I am sure you have heard me say we sometimes call Ella OSHA.  It's a good nick name for her most of the time.  She is ALL ABOUT safety and keeping the rules.  Honestly this personality is ideal for a first child because she can set a good example and help keep an eye on her younger siblings.  However, along with Miss Safety she becomes a little chicken to do things.  She will be 6 next week and still rides her bike with training wheels (which is fine) because she is nervous about tipping.  If Molly is on the bed, she will quickly lay down next to her on the edge of the bed so she doesn't roll off.  If she is laying back in the tub washing her hair and feels Molly move she jumps to make sure she isn't getting her face in the water.  Seriously!  I am not even telling stories.

So this morning I had a little list of things for her to do before school and on there was wipe light switches.  After reading it she asked, "How will I do that?"  I explained to her that she would get a wet wash cloth and wipe around the light switches.  She quietly got up and found her Idaho Power coloring book and opened to page 4 as if she had memorized the book.  She said, "Are you asking me to wipe something electrical with a wet cloth?"  and then read the top of page 4  You must be dry to touch anything elecrical.  Sure enough the picture shows a light switch. 


You might think she was only trying to get out of a chore, but then she suggested, "Maybe I should use the wet wash cloth to wipe the drawer handles, they aren't electrical."

No comments:

Post a Comment