Saturday, August 10, 2019

Kids Triharder Triathlon

One of my favorite things I've watched my kids do is run the aquatic center's Kids Tri Harder Triathlon.  2 years ago I was able to photograph it for them and again this year I was and it's just an awesome event and so fun to watch the kids push hard to get through such a hard thing.




Ella's group started first this year and I don't remember the distance except for 8 laps across the pool I believe it's 2 miles bike and 1 mile run.  It was pretty big.  She swims so gracefully and it made my heart happy to hear another person comment on what a good swimmer she is.  She just glides across the pool.  



Thankfully I got to watch her swim and see her off on her bike cause I didn't see her again until she was finished.  I felt bad I wasn't there to cheer her on, but she made it regardless.




A little rosy faced, but feeling happy for her hard work.


Lincoln's group went next which is why I didn't get to see Ella bike or run.  I was watching Lincoln swim. 

And thankfully his dad was there to help him transfer to his bike. 

And off he went like he was a turbo machine.  I'm pretty sure he felt like one.


And he was so proud of himself and said, "That was worth it!  I wanted to quit but I just kept telling myself, you have to keep going." 

Sweet Molly got herself off in the water.  I mostly got to watch her ride her bike.  She's such a trooper and tried her very best and did so great!!  I was so proud of her.  Sadly I got to watch her the least so we don't have a lot of pictures.  Good thing the ones we got were super cute. 



Alissa was last but not least.  I'm pretty sure she had butterflies like crazy but this point. 


She pushed herself and did pretty fantastic.



The final stretch is always the most rewarding!


So, so proud of these 4 kiddos who tried their best and did something hard.  They were all pleased with their own performance and I'm sure would do it again.  


We decided not to stick around for the free breakfast and got ourselves a Jamba Juice.

Gotta love it! 



No comments:

Post a Comment