Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Testimony

My grandpa and grandma Wheeler have been getting Alzheimer's for a few years and progressively have gotten worse.  As of this week their house in Idaho Falls will be sold and soon they will be moving into my aunt's house and the house in Utah will be sold.  All the kids and grandkids that wanted were given the opportunity to go to their house here in Idaho Falls and take whatever they wanted.  My grandparents have A LOT of stuff.  Even after all the cousins had been through I found some treasures.

Nothing upstairs really struck me but the basement had all grandma's decorations and instantly made my heart race a little faster and tear up a bit as I feel sadness about grandma and grandpa being unable to do all the used to do.  I found some sweet decorations that I wanted to take and put in my house to remind me of my grandma.  I also found everybody had passed over their food storage supply.  They had a pretty great supply of #10 cans so I took about 20 trips and loaded everything into my car.

As I was putting it away today I keep reflecting on the goal Dustin and I set and wrote down back in December to save some money and then build our food supply by June.  We made a pretty concentrated effort and saved most of the money and then decided to put a fence up this past few weeks which put us a little behind our plan.  I keep feeling so overwhelmed with gratitude for how my grandma and grandpa have continually blessed our lives and our marriage.  I also know Heavenly Father blesses us so much when we focus on keeping the commandments and making righteous goals. 

My testimony has been strengthened and I feel blessed.  I know Heavenly Father lives and loves me. I am so thankful for my testimony of that.  I know he listens to me as I ramble in my head little prayers to him all day long and sometimes really, really long rambley prayers.  He always blesses me.

No comments:

Post a Comment