Saturday, November 29, 2014

Thanksgiving

This year we had Thanksgiving at my mom & dad's house.  I volunteered myself and my kids to bring little table decorations.  We made these pilgrim hats & filled with candies.

We also cooked a turkey, a macaroni salad and chocolate cream & strawberry rhubarb pies.  After dinner we tried to play a game, but it was a little chaotic with so many children and my habit of taking pictures.  


Jameson and Lincoln played on the floor for us for quite a while so we could try to enjoy the game. 

We also took construction paper and made everybody turkey hats.  Man we are getting a lot of turkeys around here!

The 3 amigos.

And this one makes me laugh only moments later.

Ella and Kailey talked grandma into a sleepover that night and kept her up until 1am! 

Under the pool table, Alissa & Kaitlynn enjoyed their stash of tootsie rolls they took from the cups on the tables.


After the festivities slowed down at mom and dads we headed to Devin & Johnna's to see some Braithwaites who didn't really gather this year.  Lincoln met his cousin Ava who is only a couple weeks younger than him.  


We have so much to be thankful for!  This year I had my kids make Thankful Turkeys rather than our traditional Thankful Tree.  They just wrote what they were thankful for on his feathers.  I think it's always good to take a season to remember all we are blessed with.  We have so much and need to always remember to give because of this great blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment