Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Girls Night Out in Rexburg

While Dustin was camping out at Green Canyon this past weekend on his Father/Son outing, we decided to have a "Girls Night" and go visit Aunt Heidi in Rexburg.
We walked around the temple grounds in Rexburg and let the girls touch the temple. 
They think it's really great to touch the temple and I'm glad.
Ella idolizes Aunt Heidi and cannot wait to be in college like she is.  I'm glad Heidi is a good example to her.  She is preparing to go on a mission and I can't think of a better example for my daughter to follow.   My kids all know Aunt Heidi loves them too.

Me & my girls
We went to Porter park and got the last 2 carousel rides of the night. 

All the girls thought it was pretty great.

Even the big ones.

Being in a college town reminded me of living in Logan.  We drove around and saw people playing games on the grass, sitting around the temple grounds, relaxing in their front yards.  I thought nobody was at the restaurant until we walked in and saw the huge line of people and Heidi reminded me that most people walk around here.  It made me wonder, where did our life get so difficult?  The college days were hard because we had no money, but we had each other and we had friends that we entertained ourselves with.  We splurged on ice cream, but mostly did free things like bike rides, played games, etc.  It was a good eye opener, I think we need to do a little evaluation of our life and simplify!

No comments:

Post a Comment